Experience the untouched beauty of Iceland's second largest glacier Langjokull on the Into the Glacier classic tour from Husafell.
Discover the blue heart of the glacier by traveling up the white slopes and going deep into the man-made ice tunnels.
- To get to Husafell, you need to drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point)
- In winter, you should always use Route 1 toward Borgarnes and Route 50 and 518 towards Húsafell.
- Special glacier vehicles can reach ice tunnels that take you there and back in about 30 minutes each way in summer and 75 minutes in winter, depending on the season.
- A guided tour of the ice tunnels will last approximately one hour
- The total duration of the tour is around 3-4 hours from Húsafell
- It is possible that the tour may last longer than planned due to conditions at the glacier.
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from Húsafell
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver/ guide/audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
- If needed snowsuits and overshoes are provided during check-in.
- Crampons / Spikes for ice walk inside tunnels. Provided upon entering the tunnels.
What to bring:
WARM CLOTHING - even in summer, it's a glacier!
Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Warm socks and waterproof shoes. It's no fun to have cold toes!
- Base and mid layer clothing.
- Waterproof and warm coat.
- Hat & gloves.
- Sunglasses – the glacier reflects high amounts of sunlight
- Don't forget to bring your camera to capture those indescribable moments.